Pages

March 18, 2013

Chocolate crescent rolls

Usually, when I am craving something sweet for breakfast, then I bake scones. But today I felt like experimenting so I made these chocolate crescent rolls. Well, I know, I still gotta practice a lot in forming crescent rolls, but I had to share the recipe, because these are really yummy. If you do not want to bother with shaping, just use a round cookie cutter. Serve with a glass of cold milk or a cup of steaming hot coffee.



Ingredients:
200 g flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
50 g sugar
2 tablespoons butter
70 g mascarpone
50 g yoghurt

2-3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons dark chocolate chip
pinch of salt
1 egg yolk

Sift flour and baking powder into a bowl. Melt butter over low heat. Preheat the oven to
180°C. Add mascarpone, yoghurt, chocolate chip, sugar, melted butter, salt and enough milk so that you can knead everything together. Roll out dough about 3 mm thick, cut it into equal sized rectangles, then cut them diagonal in half and roll them up. Brush with egg yolk and bake for 15-20 minutes.




1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

They look very tempting! What a wonderful way of starting the day.

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails