Pages

May 21, 2012

Strawberry-Asparagus Jam

The white asparagus-strawberry combination is nothing new here at the "corner", after all you might have already seen once in a dessert. So it was naturally that I gotta cook a jam of these two. Together with vanilla and orange it made a delicious and pretty addictive jam, at least as far as I am concerned.



Ingredients:

makes 2 glasses
500 g white asparagus

250 g strawberry
2 oranges
1 vanilla pod
530 g gelling sugar
10 g agar-agar (optional, if you don't want it to be a little runny)


Peel asparagus and cut the ends off, then take these parts and add just enough water so that it is covered and cok for 15-20 minutes, then sieve. Now take the reserved liquid, add sliced asparagus, strawberries, lemon juice and zest, vanilla pod and previously scrapped seeds, gelling sugar and agar-agar. Cook for 30-40 minutes and if you want puree or leave it as it is. Pour into sterlised jars and leave them to cool covered well in some blanket until it has cooled down completly.




3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is a very original combination! Something I haven't tried yet...

Cheers,

Rosa

RecipeNewZ said...

I just found your blog through the DMBLGiT roundup. I am so glad I discovered it - you have so many beautiful recipes! You have a new fan :-).

I would like to invite you to share this post (and other posts :-) ) on a new photo based recipe sharing site that launched this month. The idea is simple: all recipe photographs are published within minutes of submission. And, of course, the images link back to the author's site.

It's called RecipeNewZ (with Z) - http://recipenewz.com

I hope you get a chance to visit and to share some of your delicious posts with our viewers. It would be a pleasure to have you on board :-)

Javelin Warrior said...

Love this post - so much so that I'm featuring it in this week's Food Fetish Friday series (with a link-back and attribution). I hope you have no objections and I'm always inspired by your creations… Thanks so much for sharing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails