Pages

October 26, 2011

Fresh Pumpkin Pasta with Pumpkin Seed Pesto

Drum roll, please! The pumpkin season has officially started here right at the corner! Thanks to a Hungarian blog event, the pumpkin fever has caught me and I have many ideas! So let's start the line with two simple pumpkin dishes. By the way that beauty on the photos is the Hungarian Blue pumpkin, my most favourite type. Just yummy!


Yesterday, I preapred some pumpkin gnocchi and served it classic with sage and brown butter and loads of fresh parmesan cheese, however, this time I used Robert's recipe, instead of mine. I was wondering for days what to make out of that 5 kg of beauty and I had the idea of fresh pumpkin pasta with gorgozola sauce. Well, I indeed preapared the pumpkin pasta, which is by the way eggless, however I served it among a pumpkin seed pesto and fried pumpkin cubes with maple syrup. But there is more to come! I also made a bunch of blue cheese ravioli, so stay tuned!




Ingredients: 
50 g durum wheat flour
100 g flour
40 g cooked pumpkin
nutmeg
allspice
salt



Cook diced pumpkin until soft together with the spices in some water, or in a mixture of water and orange juice, then puree. Once it is cooled knead a dough with the rest of the ingredients and let it rest for about an hour, then roll out with the help of a pasta machine and cut it in the desired thickness.

50 g pumpkin seed
1 small clove garlic
1/2 bunch parsley
1/2 bunch chervil
70 g freshly grated parmesan
7-8 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
salt, pepper

Roast pumpkin seed in a frying pan, then add everything to a mixer, then season and serve it with the pasta.

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That pumpkin picture is fabulous and so is that dish! Deliciously seasonal.

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

Love the silver glow of the pumpkin skin and the last shot with the gnocchis is wonderful too! The further dishes you mentioned sound great, can't wait to read them ;)

Heike said...

Seems like our pumpkins are siblings in the barn ;)

Heike

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Thanks a lot!

@Beatbull: Thanks! I am looking forward to hear your opinion about the upcomming dishes! ;)

@Heike: Hehe, true! For sure they are close relatives! ;))

Jen Laceda | Milk Guides said...

YUM!!! I would like to try this recipe! DEfinitely bookmarking this one!

Related Posts with Thumbnails