Pages

April 20, 2011

Pasta al limone with Parmesan Foam

Lately, I have posted many meals with fish, so it was time for something different. Sometimes, I have periods, when I can not eat meat or eggs. Not the best timing before Easter, but what can I do. However, cheese or fish are always welcome. If cheese for lunch, well, then the first choice is almost always pasta. I made fresh pasta and served with lemon sauce, barba di Frate and parmesan foam. The sauce contains no cream, but it is part of the parmesan foam.


Ingredients:
1 lemon
150 ml white wine
150 ml chicken stock
olive oil
salt, pepper

Reduce whie wine, chicken stock together with the lemon zest by half. Season with lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper. For the parmesan foam simply bring 100 ml of cream to the boil, add 50 g of grated parmesan, but do not cook it any longer and foam it with help of a mixer, season if needed.

5 comments:

Ellie said...

This is twice now this week I have seen a pasta dish with foam. It is so interesting to me. I am going to have to try it myself now!!! I love the lemon and the wine combination. Sounds Great :)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Terrific! That Parmesan foam is lovely.

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

Hello Chriesi! I'm back from vacation and happy to be catching up on my blog reading...what a beautiful plate of pasta!

kitchen roach/galley roach said...

Mal wieder ein tolles Foto. Macht Lust auf Pasta!

chriesi said...

@Ellie: I wonder how you are going to like it!

@Rosa: Thanks!

@Faith: Aww it is great to see that you are back! Thanks!

@kitchen roach: Danke!

Related Posts with Thumbnails