Pages

April 13, 2011

Asparagus Velouté, Brown Butter Poached Turbot and White Wine Foam

Finally, finally, the first bunch of fresh local asparagus is here! During the weekend I already cooked a soup and also had a portion served with Hollandaise sauce.

However today I felt like expermenting. Actually, this dish was inspired by the bright purple colour of the asparagus spears. First, I planed to add a purple potato to the velouté, but then I felt like that the colour would be too much. So I decided to make some potato chips instead, so that way the plate became more interesting. For the velouté I cooked asparagus ends and peel with just enough water to cover it with a tiny pinch of sugar and a bit of lemon juice, and then I used this asparagus stock to make the velouté.
The fish was cooked in brown butter over low temperature and served with a very light white wine foam, some extra brown butter, lemon oil and roasted hazelnut.

Ingredients:
20 g butter
1 shallot
150 ml dry white wine
100 ml fish stock
salt, pepper

Melt buter and sautee onion until soft. Pour white wine over it and cook until it is reduced by a third. Add fish stock and cook until it is reduced by half. Stir in cream, season and foam it with a help of a mixer.

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Gorgeously spring-like and refined!

Cheers,

Rosa

Kochsamkeit said...

Your pictures are really amazing and your plate is more than inspiring.

Houdini said...

Hi Chriesi, while viewing your blog now, after 6 months absence from Switzld, I realize what I have missed, appetizing recipes, great photos, as usual. Erich

Ellie said...

This sounds great. I see dishes with foam on them alot but have never tried it. I think it's time!!! Thanks.

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Thanks!

@Andreas: Thank you so much!

@Erich: Great to see you again! It must have been an amazing time in Asia! Thank you!

@Ellie: Yeah, do it! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails