Pages

January 3, 2011

Whisky Parfait

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had a beautiful holiday time enjoying great food and happy moments with the family and the loved ones. I have seen a few blogs that write about starting a diet, well I am here to share my newest recipe for a whisky parfait with loads of chocolate sauce! So if you intend to start a diet after the rich meals of the holiday season, well this is the wrong place to seek for recipes. However, I think at the begining of the year I also won't bake much, although I recieved a couple of gorgeous pastry books...so it is gonna be hard to resist, but I try to make my best!


Ingredients:
100 g sugar
100 ml water
5 tablespoons whisky
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
10 g sugar
200 ml cream
2 tablespoons whisky


First prepare the syrup: bring the sugar and the water together to the boil and cook for 10 minutes, add 5 tablespoons whisky and cook for another 5 minutes. Set aside and let it cool. Beat egg whites with 50 ml of the syrup and 2 tablespoons of whisky over steam until fluffy. Beat egg whites with 10 g of sugar and fold it into the cooled egg yolk-whisky cream. Stir in beaten cream and freeze the parfait in the desired form for 3-4 hours depending on the size of the portions.

5 comments:

Houdini said...

I wouldn't mind to get one right now, sitting in the garden of our hotel here in Hoi An :-)
All I can get here is a whisky on the rocks.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A delightful desset!

Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

What a lovely and unique dessert! Wishing you and yours a very happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year, chriesi. Wishing you a great year ahead.

chriesi said...

@Houdini: Well, I would send you some if it would survive. ;)

@Rosa: Thanks! Happy New Year!

@Faith: Same to you dear Faith!

@lamiacucina: Thanks so much! All the best for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails