Pages

January 10, 2011

Stir-fry duck noodles

Well, some weeks ago, I have bought a nice duck breast, that I completly forgot. When I remembered that I should cook it, I had no opportunity so I put it to the freezer. And it spent quite a long while in the cold. In fact this dish took many days to get finally cooked. Some days ago, I marinated it and left it in the marinade for 2 days. The evening, when I wanted to serve it, something came between, so I sliced and fried it and froze it just to be on the safe side.


However, today it ended up on plate together with noodles, leek, bean sprouts and button mushroom.


Ingredients:
1 duck breast
2 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
1 big clove of garlic
1 teaspoon dried ginger
chili if desired
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2
tablespoons rice wine or sherry
1
tablespoon honey
70 g Chinese egg noodles
2 champignons
1 piece of leek
2 handful of bean sprouts
1 clove of garlic
1 piece of ginger
1
tablespoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon rice wine or sherry

1 teaspoon black vinegar
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce


Trim duck breast and score the skin in a criss-cross pattern. Slice garlic and mix it together with the rest of the ingredients for the marinade and marinte the duck for at least a few hours or up to 2 days. Slice mushroom and leek. Heat oil and fry the sliced and with starch dusted duck breast, then set aside. Cook noodles according to the package instructions. Slice garlic and fresh ginger and fry in sesame oil, remove. Fry mushroom, add duck breast and sherry, once reduced add leek and vinegar. As soon as it is reduced add sprouts and noodles. Season with oyster- and soy sauce.


4 comments:

Faith said...

I'm glad your duck ended up in such a lovely dish! Looks delicious!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful noodle dish! That combo is very mouthwatering.

Cheers,

Rosa

Marysol said...

I've had duck served a number of ways, but never quite like this, where every ingredient makes my mouth water!

Anonymous said...

Duck is one of my favorite and I think this recipe would be suited to my taste. I will really try this one! Thanks for this idea!

Easy Stir Fry

Related Posts with Thumbnails