Pages

January 25, 2011

Sea bass, artichoke and porcini

Last Friday once again I was cleaning a beautiful organic sea bass in the kitchen, while I was wondering what I should prepare to serve with it. There were a bunch of king trompet mushroom left in the fridge, that brought me the idea to preapre a mushroom sauce. Of course for that I also needed some dried porcini. After searching for about a half an hour, I have finally found the artichokes. Only one more component was missing. I decided to cook a parsnip puree, because I already knew, that I am gonna serve the fish with in white wine cooked artichoke and in butter sautéed Mâche.


As far as the artichoke is concerned, well I just could not leave those in the store. It happens very rarely, that I buy something that is not local, of course except for tropical fruits and spices, but after all Italy is so near.



Ingredients:

20 g dried porcini
1 tablespoon butter
1 shallot
250 ml dry white wine
500 ml chicken or veal stock

150 ml cream
salt, pepper

Soak porcini in hot water and let it stand. Sautee chopped onion in butter, then add white wine and cook until there is almost nothing left. Add porcini, 3/4 of the liquid and stock. Cook over high heat until it is reduced by half. Add cream, sieve and cook until it has reached a creamy consistency. Season with salt and pepper.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Magnificent!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

This was an essential classic when we went for seafood in Milan years back, but I've never seen such a beautiful way to arrange it on the plate. Uau

Faith said...

What a beautiful dish, the artichoke is a really special touch! Looks wonderful with the fish!

chriesi said...

Thanks you, Rosa!

@carbonara: Really? Great to know that! I am glad you like it! Thanks.

@Faith: Thank you! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails