Pages

January 11, 2011

Ravioli stuffed with ragù alla bolognese

Already a couple of recipes have been posted here for ragù alla bolognese, however this time I did not bake a lasagne, but prepared some ravioli. The recipe for the ragu is also different, now it is one by Giorgio Locatelli. I think ragù alla bolognese is the only dish where I can not decide which version I like most. I guess, the favourite is always the one, that is on the plate that very moment. And there are so many different versions, that I still want to try!


Traditionally, only tomato puree is added and they do not use ground meat but a nice piece of beef chuck that is cooked until it falls apart. During my first trials in the kitchen, I used to prepare the bolognese sauce using turkey, because I was convinced that I do not like beef. Nowdays, I even enjoy a medium rare fried steak!


Ingredients:
250 g flour
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
pinch of salt
250 g ground beef
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small carrot
1 small onion
1/2 celery stalk
1 twig rosemary
2-3 leaves of sage
1 clove garlic
170 ml dry red wine
1 teaspoon tomato puree
250 ml passata
250 ml water
salt, pepper


Make a hole in the middle of the flour, add eggs, egg yolk and whisk it in with a help of a fork. When the dough is getting viscous knead it with your hands until smooth, add a little water if needed. Chop vegetables and sautee in olive oil together with the whole garlic and the herbs. Add ground meat, season and fry it until golden brown. Pour wine over it and reduce, then stir in tomato puree and fry for a few minutes. Now add passata and water and cook it for 1 hour or 1 1/2 hours. Season with salt and pepper and let it cool. With a help of a pasta machine roll out pasta dough and place a teaspoon of the filling on it and make ravioli with a help of a form or anything you've got. Cook ravioli in simmering salty water for 3-5 minutes.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Splendid! There's nothing better than homemade pasta/ravioli!

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

That is a gorgeous plate of ravioli! I love your stuffing!

Anonymous said...

Meistens benutze ich Bratenreste für die Füllung. Dass es auch mit Hackfleisch geht, hast Du hier sehr schön gezeigt.

Related Posts with Thumbnails