Pages

January 26, 2011

Pork Stir-Fry with Shiitake Mushroom

Yesterday, I promised that at least once a week I am going to use on of those ingredients that are waiting for being cooked in my pantry. These are foods like quinoa, millet or even a frozen lamb. I like to have certain foods always on stock, after all that way I have everything around to use it any time I feel like. The disadvantage is, that I often forget about certain foods. Just like I have completly forgetten about a pack of dried shiitake mushroom.


Around 4 o'clock in the afternoon, I realised that it is more than time to prepare something for lunch. In such a situation stir-fry is always a great option. After all it is prepared so fast and there is not much to clean up afterwards. So I boiled some water for the mushroom, and marinted the meat, then sliced the vegetables quickly. By the way a pepper would have been just a perfect addition to the stir-fry, but as it is not in season, I left it out. The stir-fry has a slight touch of sweet and sour, but it is not that typical flavour, which I do not like at all.



Ingredients:

4 slices of pork cutlet
1 tablespoon black vinegar
3-4 tablespoons light soy sauce
1 tablespoon honey
2 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon corn starch
peanut oil
1 piece of ginger
100 g fresh or dried shiitake mushroom
100-150 g bamboo sprouts
1/2 leek
handful of roasted peanuts

Soak mushroom in hot water, in case you do not use fresh ones. Cut meat in thin slices and marinte in black vinegar, soy sauce, honey together with sliced garlic. After it was marinated for at least 30 minutes, sieve, but set the marinade aside. Heat peanut oil and add ground ginger and fry the starch dusted meat. Add mushroom, leek and bamboo, fry for a few minutes, add some marinade, some soy sauce to taste and chili if desired. Stir in peanuts right at the end.


2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love that mushroom! Together with pork, terrific.

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

Such a beautiful stir-fry! Looks incredibly flavorful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails