Pages

November 17, 2010

What about a cup of coffee?

There is nothing that I love more than the smell of fresh coffee, though I have to confess I drink coffee maybe once in a month if at all. On the other hand I would never say no to a perfectly brewed espresso in a cozy coffeehouse.


Today morning I felt like having a cup of coffee, but instead of drinking it, I decided to hide it in a cake with some dark chocolate. It is also a great dessert if you have unexpected guests.


Ingredients:
2 tablespoons instant coffee powder
1 tablespoon hot water
50 g dark chocolate
70 g butter
2 eggs
1 egg yolk
40 g sugar
30 g flour


Butter 4 coffee cups and preheat the oven to 150
°C. Dissolve coffee powder in hot water and melt chocolate and butter over steam together with the coffee. Meanwhile beat eggs and the yolk with the sugar until fluffy and beat in the chocolate mixture. Stir in flour and pour the batter into the buttered cups. Bake for 13-15 minutes and serve warm. The middle of the cake should still be moist.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A droolworthy dessert!

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

This looks decadently amazing! I would love to enjoy a cup of coffee in cake form! :)

Marysol said...

Oh, I'm another who's enamored with the intoxicating aroma of coffee brewing. And like you, I rarely drink the stuff. Strange, but true.

I've gone back to look at your dessert twice. Truth is, I'm ogling it as I type this comment. So if you find any typos, blame it on your delicious photos.

Sakorarox said...

this looks SO GOOD!

I'm definitely making it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails