Pages

November 1, 2010

Quince Jelly

One thing, that I really love about quinces is that the whole fruit is good for something. You can prepare many different desserts using the fruit flesh or serve it poached with meat, but do not throw away the core and the skin! Using those parts you can prepare a fragant jelly in a very simple way.


Bring these parts to the boil with enough water so that it is covered and cook it over low heat until it turns red. Be careful, because you will have to add more water during the
cooking process.


This might take some hours, then pour the quince water into a bowl through a cheesecloth lined sieve and let it stand over night. The next day bring the quince water together with the same amount of sugar to the boil and cook it over low heat until it thickens. You can test the consistency in the way
that pour some drops into cold water and if it is jelly like then it is ready. As I said before, it is indeed very simple and the result is so satisfying!

6 comments:

nancy@skinnykitchen said...

I really love quince and this jelly recipe sounds like the perfect way to use it. Thanks for sharing!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love that jelly! Yours looks so delicious.

Cheers and happy Monday,.

Rosa

Anonymous said...

sowas von klarem Gelee hab ich noch nie gesehen.

Faith said...

Your jelly is lovely! What a great use for quince!

chriesi said...

@nancy: I am glad you like it! I must say I am in love with it!

@Rosa: Thank you!

@lamiacucina: ich war auch überrascht wie klar es geworden ist!

@Faith: I can't wait to make it again.

Maggie said...

Beautiful jelly! I think quince jelly tastes like flowers and honey.

Related Posts with Thumbnails