Pages

November 25, 2010

Pumpkin Tart with Fresh Goat Cheese

Yesterday, I have started the "Empty the Freezer" project again. This time the goal is to have enough space for the stocks that I am going to use during the holiday season. Though I haven't reached my goal the last time, but at least I have won a bit more empty space. This year I have a better chance, because there are not so much that I have to use before I start with the preparations for Christmas. Of course the most important things like the Hungarian túró and sour cherries will be saved, at least most of it. I wonder what I am going to find in the boxes, that I have forgotten already since a long time. I started the emptying process again with homemade puff pastry and some fresh goat cheese. I have also found some leftover crumble so a tart seemed to be a good idea to bake. There are still a couple of pumpkins in my pantry, so I decided to use one of them.

The crumble did a good job on highlighting the taste of the pumpkin, it might seem strange, but I really loved this combination together with the fresh goat cheese and the pumpkin seeds.

The preparation is pretty easy, just roll out the pastry and prick with a fork. Put thin slices of pumpkin on top and cover with a mixture of egg-cream-milk and parmesan cheese, seasoned with salt and freshly grated nutmeg. Sprinkle it with crumble, pumpkin seeds and fresh goat cheese then bake and serve lukewarm.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Beautiful! I love that addition of pumpkin seeds.

Cheers,

Rosa

chriesi said...

Thanks Rosa! :)

Anonymous said...

und das aus leftovers ! Ich hätte auch noch 2 volle Kühlschränke, die unbedingt geleert sein sollten :-)

Faith said...

I think this sounds like a wonderful combination of flavors! I need to join you in your empty the freezer project! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails