Pages

November 26, 2010

Pumpkin Gnocchi

Within two days I have used two pumpkins, yeah finally, they are gone, except one. Anyway, to yesterday's muddy weather the bright orange was a great match, however today we have a beautiful white blanket over the hills. Thanks to the snow now I am floating in Christmas feeling and looking forward to all the preparations and stuff. Now back to the gnocchi. I wanted to make a normal potato and also pumpkin gnocchi.

There was still a bag of purple potato in the pantry, and as they are quite floury, I decided to use them for the gnocchi. I have put them on the stove to cook, but then I realised that the pumpkin needs more time to be baked, so I immediately took it away from the stove and switched on the oven for the pumpkin.
I decided to form the gnocchi the same way like when I made the ones with ricotta, and then I had the sudden idea of preparing a double coloured gnocchi, so I filled both in the piping bag and so the gnocchi were born. I simply served it among some brown butter and fresh parmesan, though feel free to add some fresh sage as well.

Ingredients:
1000 g pumpkin
100 g flour
100 g parmesan
1 egg
nutmeg
salt, pepper


Preheat the oven to 200
°C and bake pumpkin for about 90 minutes, then let it cool for a few minutes. Half and deseed pumpkin and puree, then mix it together with the flour, freshly grated parmesan, egg and season with salt, peper and nutmeg. Pour mixture into a plastic bag or a piping bag. Bring salted water to boil, reduce hit so that it simmers. Pipe gnocchi in the simmering water and as soon as they swim on top they are ready to be served.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A magnificent dish! Beautiful looking.

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

absolut witzige Idee mit den zweifarbigen Gnocchi !

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Thank you!

@lamiacucina: Dank deiner Methode!

Related Posts with Thumbnails