Pages

November 3, 2010

Caramel Mousse & Chocolate Ganache Verrines

After the panna cotta, I wanted to prepare another dessert with pumpkins. I had no clear plan, I only knew that I would like to combine caramel, chocolate and orange in some way. The pumpkin puree for the panna cotta was lovely, so I decided to use it in this dessert as well, however without the spices, but flavoured with orange liqueur and sweetened again with orange blossom honey. Orange and chocolate is always a winning combination, so the next component turned to be a dark chocolate ganache. Now I only had to decide if I should include these in a cake or something, but then I decided to serve it in a glass. So the pumpkin and the chocolate recieved a light caramel mousse on top, decorated with candied pumpkin and sprinkled with roasted hazelnut.


Ingredients:
150 g sugar
125 ml water
2 1/4 gelatine leaves
3 eggs
1 egg yolk
12 g sugar
150 ml cream


Whisk the eggs and the egg yolk with the 12 g of sugar over steam until foamy. Soak gelatine leaves in cold water. Melt sugar over low heat and as soon as it has a golden brown colour pour water over it, then transfer the liquid into a bowl. Melt gelatine over low heat and stir it into the caramel liquid. Stir in the egg yolk mixture and fold in the whipped cream. Cool for 3-4 hours.


3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What splendid verrines! That flavor combo is to die for!

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

How decadently delicious! Yum!

natural selection said...

Beautiful! I think I will make this this weekend!

Related Posts with Thumbnails