Pages

October 5, 2010

Tarte aux pommes

Many years gone by since I had Jonathan apples for the last time. When I was a child, that was my favourite kind of apple. Last weekend I found a tiny farmer's shop that sells a bunch of different varieties of apples and I was very surprised to see that they even have Jonathan. Usually, I buy Jonagold, that is a cross between Jonathan and Golden Delicious. Tough, I must say that I absolutely can't abide Golden Delicious.


Anyway, it was clear that I have to bake something out of those tiny red apples. I wanted to keep it straight and simple, so I decided to bake Bocuse's tarte aux pommes.


Ingredients:
60 g butter, room temperature
125 g flour
1 pinch of salt
4 tablespoons water
4-5 apples
2 tablespoons sugar
apricot jam


Put flour into a bowl and make a hole in the middle, add salt, butter and pour water in it. Knead a dough and let it stand for an hour in the kitchen, covered by a cloth. Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out dough about 1/2 cm thick and place peeled and sliced apples on top. Sprinkel with sugar and bake for 15-20 minutes. As long as it is still warm coat with apricot jam or any other you desire.


8 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A wonderful treat!

Cheers,

Rosa

Faith said...

I just bought a bag full of apples and now I know what I'm making! This looks fantastic!

Cherine said...

Your tart looks wonderful!!

Joudie's Mood Food said...

Really beautiful tart. Yumm!

chriesi said...

Thank you everyone! :)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic apple desert. I have 3 apple trees in my back yard and loads of apples this year, so I am looking for some great ideas. Thanks for sharing this one.
*kisses* HH

The Urban Baker said...

simply gorgeous! I cannot wait to make!

chriesi said...

@Heavenly Housewife: Aww it is wonderful that you have apple trees!
There is also the possibilty of cooking apple jam, if once you had enough apple pie and cake. :)

@The Urban Baker: Thank you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails