Pages

October 27, 2010

Pear jam with lemongrass

It's been a long time that I had a real good pear, juicy and fragant. There are many different types availbale, but somehow lately they are always too "floury". My favourite is Willimas, but even those are a disappointment lately. And when I buy a green one, I always forget it about it and it is already over ripe when I want to eat it. That is exactly what happened now, and as I did not want to bake, I decided to cook a jam.


Ingredients:
500 g pears (e.g. Williams)
300 g sugar
juice of 1 lemon
3 stalks lemongrass
1 vanilla pod

Peel and deseed the pears and cut in cubes, then bring it to the boil together with sugar, lemon juice, vanillapod and seeds and chopped lemongrass. Cook for about 1-1 1/2 hours or as long as it has reached the desired thickness. Put it into jars and let them cool covered by a blanket over night.

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A very original combination! That jam must be totally addictive.

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

This pear jam sounds so unique and elegant. I bet its wonderful.
*kisses* HH

Faith said...

Vanilla and pair is such a wonderful combo! Love your jam!

Quay Po Cooks said...

Brilliant combo! I like how you take the picture! NICE!

The Urban Baker said...

I love your photos and this recipe! thanks for sharing

Related Posts with Thumbnails