Pages

October 8, 2010

Goat Cheese and Tomato Tart

Slowly, I can see the light! Soon I am finished with all the cakes and stuff, except one apple tart, that I am gonna bake tomorrow early morning. The reason is that it is a puff pastry based tart and this is the best eaten fresh, right? Yesterday, I made the pastry, this time I used Michel Roux's recipe for the classic puff pastry and I am absolutely thrilled about it! It is amazing!

I was more than curious how it turned out and to find it out I baked these goat
cheese and tomato tarts with dried tomato crumble for lunch. To take a break from baking and stirring creams, I decided to share the recipe before I go back to the kitchen.


Ingredients:

puff pastry
goat cheese
acacia honey
tomatoes
dried tomatoes
rosemary
100 g flour
50 g butter
1/2 egg yolk


Preheat the oven to 180°C. Roll out puff pastry and cut out circles. Now prick the middle of the circles with a fork 5 times. Place a slice of goat cheese in the middle, sprinkle some honey on top and put a tomato slice on it. For the crumble cut dried tomatoes and rosemary and together with the flour, butter and egg yolk and a some salt (if the dried tomatoes are not salty) prepare the crumble and sprinkle it on top of the tomato. Bake for 10-15 minutes.

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Fabulous little tarts!

Cheers,

Rosa

Houdini said...

I can imagine its taste, cheese and honey, plus the tomato flavor, must be a great experience. And simple, too. Very nice.

Cherine said...

Wonderful tarts!! I love the combo goat cheese and tomatoes!

Faith said...

I bet these lovely tarts are as flavorful as they are pretty! I love the rosemary and honey in there!

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Merci :)

@Houdini: It is indeed a nice combination, especially with ripe and flavourful tomatoes.

@Cherine: Thank you! Me too, it is one of my favourites.

@Faith: I think those are almost a must!

Related Posts with Thumbnails