Pages

October 20, 2010

Five-Spice Pork Tenderloin Stir-Fry

Lately, I spend a lot of time reading about Asian cuisine, spices and ingredients. When I cook something European, I always research about the history, the origin of a dish and try to find the original recipe and so on. However so far I have a very little knowledge about the Asian cuisine, besides the stuff you get here in the restaurants is not quite authentic anyway, but delicious, if you know where to eat. In search of creating a delicious stir-fry, finally, I can say, that I managed to prepare one that I am very happy about. Probably, not authentic, but addictive! It took me a couple of trials to get here. All I can say, less is more!


Ingredients:
300 g pork tenderloin
2 garlic cloves
1 1/2 teaspoon 5 spice powder
1 piece of fresh ginger
1 red chili
3 tablespoons rice wine or sherry
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
spring onion
yellow bell pepper
bean sprouts
black vinegar
soy sauce
oyster sauce


Marinate thinly sliced meat in soy sauce, sherry together with 5 spice powder, sliced garlic and ginger and a chopped chili. Let it stand for at least an hour or over night. Heat sesame oil and fry the garlic, ginger and chili from the marinade, then remove. Sprinkle cornstarch over the meat and fry. Set aside, add bell pepper, fry for a couple of seconds, pour a splash of black vinegar over it, add spring onions and bean sporuts among a splash of soy sauce and oyster sauce and the marinade. Put back the meat, mix well and serve.


3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

The kind of stir-fry I love.

Cheers,

Rosa

nancy@skinnykitchen said...

Looks so delicious, healthy and easy to make. Can't wait to try your stir fry!

Faith said...

Delicious stir-fry! Experimenting with cuisines from other cultures is so much fun, isn't it?

Related Posts with Thumbnails