Pages

October 22, 2010

Beef Liver Parfait

Lately, I was craving for liver pâté and as I was curious I checked some ready made products in a store. I took a small can of calf liver spread and I almost didn't believe my eyes when I read that it contains about 56% of pork meat, 12% of pork liver, 8% of calf meat and 2 % calf liver. I checked the cover of the package to see if I indeed had a calf liver spread in my hands, and yes I did. Of course I already had fresh beef liver in my basket, because it was clear from the begining, that I am going to make the spread myself. This time I didn't go for the rustic version, but prepared a smooth parfait and served it among apples with red wine caramel, homemade raspberry powder and raspberry vinegar marinated salad.


Ingredients:
250 g beef liver
1 tablespoon butter
30 ml port wine
100 g cream
200 g butter, room temperature
salt, pepper


Fry sliced beef liver over medium heat, add port wine and reduce. Blend liver to a paste in a food processor. In the meantime heat cream. Add butter to the liver and blend again, season and add hot cream and blend once more. Sieve and pour it into individual forms or in one big and cool for 5 hours. While frying the liver feel free to add chopped onion or garlic, thyme or some majoram.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious and so beautifully presented, Chriesie!
Bises
Ronelle

Millie said...

Fenségesen néz ki!
Mostanában nagyon kívánom a májat, muszáj lesz kipróbálnom!

Faith said...

I've never seen a more beautiful dish of beef liver! Your presentation is gorgeous!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Your presentation is magnificent! What a gorgeous recipe.

Cheers,

Rosa

Unknown said...

Wonderful presentation, very professioinal! I'm in awed!

Related Posts with Thumbnails