September 17, 2010

Steph's aubergine & tomato sugo my way

Well yesterday, the plan actually was, to cook Steph's aubergine and tomato sugo for lunch, but then I realized she used garlic confit, that I didn't have in my pantry. I thought, it wouldn't be the same with fresh, so I decided to take her recipe as the basis for my lunch.

While I was waiting for the aubergine to get baked, I peeled a nice clove of garlic, chopped it and roasted in olive oil until it got golden brown. Then I added a can of chopped tomatoes among a bit of dried oregano and fresh basil. I cooked it for about 10 minutes, then I passed it through a sieve. When the aubergine was ready, I peeled and chooped it with my flat wooden "spoon" and added it to the tomato sauce among some ground black cumin and about 3 pinhces of garam masala and cooked for about 5 minutes together with fresh cocktail tomaotes. At the end I seasoned with salt, pepper and dried chilli, added some fresh mint, fresh goat cheese and roasted walnuts. That's it! This weekend I am gonna prepare Steph's garlic
confit and make her version of this delicious sugo as long as the aubergine season is blooming.


natural selection said...

Looks fantastic!

chriesi said...

Thank you!

Faith said...

This looks incredible! I think the walnuts, goat cheese, and mint were the perfect addition at the end!

Related Posts with Thumbnails