Pages

March 4, 2010

The Experiment

Ever since I have seen the home cured duck prosciutto on Wrightfood, I couldn't get it out of my mind. It took almost a year, but finally I have prepared it! I started on the 13th of February and the prosciutto was ready last Sunday.


I was very excited about it, and nervous if it is going to work out. First of all I had no influence on the temperature. I hung it up in the attic, that opens right from my kitchen. I do not know where I would be without that part of the flat. Many people own a walk in closet, well I have a huge walk in pantry and for no
thing on the world I would give that away. Though my kitchen is tiny and old and I would love to have a huge new kitchen, which foodie wouldn't?! But not without my attic, no way.


Anyway, in the pantry it is more or less as cold as outside. I was hoping that the weather stays cold
enough, so that the prosciutto works out. Indeed it did! I love its flavour! It is so amazing. I am waiting for the next winter, so that I can try many other charcuterie recipes.

6 comments:

Tadeja said...

It's great! I like the recipe and at home we all love to eat ducks prepared in any way. I'll have to try it next year. I'm afraid that is not cold enought now.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I'd love such a pantry! i'm jealous... that duck prosciutto looks wonderful!

Cheers,

Rosa

Vicki said...

The duck looks beautiful! I'm hanging some right now, I hope it turns out :)

Alexandra said...

It looks so beautiful that it must be delicious! I love duck.

Faith said...

Wow, this is so impressive! I bet the flavor is absolutely amazing and well worth the wait. By the way, your pantry is gorgeous!

chriesi said...

Thanks so much Faith! Indeed it was worth the wait!

Related Posts with Thumbnails