Pages

February 15, 2010

Cardamom Pots de Crème

Here comes one of the promised citrus desserts: cardamom pots de crème with caramelised oranges. Lately, I have been longing for pudding and I remembered the old days. Every Sunday, when I visited my best friend, her mom prepared vanilla pudding with a lot of strawberries and beaten cream. Those strawberries were really special, huge and had a lot of flavour, they were reared by her father who is a scientist. While shopping last weekend I wanted to buy some raspberry yoghurt, that I really love and haven't had for years (!), but after I read the ingredients (I do that always and with everything), I put it back to the shelf. Why do they have to put starch into a fruit yoghurt?! I know, I know to thicken it, but I do not want to eat that, so I keep on buying natural yoghurt and pimp it myself. Before I started to cook myself, I confess, I often bought those puddings with the beaten cream on top. Nowdays, I rather prepare a pots de crème and enjoy it with wonderful fresh fruits of the season.


Ingredients:
(based on recipe by Tartelette)
375 ml heavy cream
10 cardamom pods
6 egg yolks
80 g sugar
60 ml orange juice


Preheat oven to 170°C. Bring the heavy cream and the cracked cardamom pods to simmer, turn of the heat and let it stand. Whisk together the egg yolks and the sugar, add orange juice and whisk until smooth. Strain heavy cream and whisk it with the egg yolk mixture. Pour hot water into a pan and fill your ramekins (or whatever you use) with the mixture. Bake for 20-30 minutes. Serve with caramlised oranges and pistachios.

5 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delightful flavor combo!

Cheers,

Rosa

Marysol said...

Fantastic!
I crave citrus fruits all year long, but especially during the winter months.
Anyway, the addition of Cardamom here is bound to make this dessert shine even brighter. Oh, how I want.

Vera said...

Looks extremely tempting :)

Hol Aargau-ban? Lehet, hogy "szomszédok" vagyunk :)

Manggy said...

They look beautiful! I'm glad the containers didn't shatter! :O

Raindrop said...

De jó ez a recept is.
Fú, nagyokat nyelek, gyönyörűek a képek!
A ficánkás képek is azok, de nem igazán rajongok a halakért.
Ja de, a fish&chips-ért. :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails