Pages

February 1, 2010

Broccoli Soup

Those grey days are gone, lot of snow covers the trees and the hills, but the birds sing like it would be already spring. To bring some colour on our plates I preapred a broccoli soup. It is a healthy and delicious soup with many vitamins and it warms you on a cold winter day.


Ingredients:
350 g broccoli
100 ml chicken or vegetable stock
30 g butter
1 tablespoon crème fraîche
salt, pepper


Cook broccoli in salted water for about 6 minutes and cool immediately in iced water. Keep about 70 ml of the water where you cooked the broccoli in. Add stock to the broccoli water and bring it to boil together with the butter. Place the broccoli in a mixer, add
crème fraîche, stock and puree. Season and serve with fried bacon and white bread croûtons.

7 comments:

Manggy said...

I think I have to make this soon. I need more veg in my life! :)

erős ildikó said...

Hú, de jó zöld!:) Párom imádja a brokkolit (én is), kipróbálom ezt a változatot is, köszi!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That is a lovely soup! Warming, healthy and tasty!

Cheers,

Rosa

Houdini said...

Looks great! My soups are usually thinner, will try it your way. What oil did you use for decoration? And the white stuff is cream, I guess?

Raindrop said...

Csodás, mint minden amit mutatsz! :)
Igazi különlegesség!

chriesi said...

@Manggy: More veg is good.;)

@napmátka: Jót tesznek a színek ebben az időben.

@Rosa: Thank you.

@Houdini: Thanks! It is some olive oil and some beaten crème fraîche. You can add more liquied if desired, it is up to you.


@Raindrop: Köszönöm szépen. :)

Marysol said...

Wow, a soup to please all the senses.
I haven't even had breakfast yet, and I'd love a bowl of this soup, right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails