Pages

January 15, 2010

Chocolate Sabayon

When I arrived home, after an hour of walk with my dog outside in the cold I was craving for chocolate. Snow is already about to melt, you can see the green grass under it, so it not the fairy winter wonderland outside, not anymore. It is rather grey, than white. It is that kind of weather when you prefer to stay in bed with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. The good book part was done earlier this afternoon, now it was time for the chocolate. I wanted something fluffly, light and warm but not hot. Chocolate mousse would have been a good option, except the fact that is cold and I didn't want to wait an hour until it is ready to be eaten. I decided to go for an orange flavoured chocolate sabayon by Michel Roux. It is done in a few minutes, it is warm, but not hot and it is fruity. Exactly, what I was craving for.


Ingredients:
75 g sugar
2 egg yolks
25 g cocoa powder
zest of an orange

Melt sugar in 75 ml of water on low temperature. Then bring it to boil and set it immediately aside and let it cool completly. Beat the sugar syrup with the egg yolks over a water bath until it reaches 65°C. Remove it from the heat and beat in cocoa powder. Stir in the freshly grated
orange zest and serve.

7 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A great sabayon flavor! Delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

eine Art flüssig-warme mousse au chocolat ! Interessant.

Houdini said...

Since I bought cocoa powder the first time in my life 2 days ago, I got everything at home to do your recipe, but I'm not sweet enough to go for it. The pralines I did to give them away :-)

chriesi said...

@lamiacucina: Ja, das kommt hin.

@Houdini: Oh :D That is funny. How come? The sabayon is indeed very sweet, so it is for sure not your cup of tea. :)

Manggy said...

Oh! I'm surprised it doesn't have chocolate in it. Very impressive depth it's achieved! I bet it tasted great too.

Marysol said...

Oh my! I want to come back as you, in my next life.

chriesi said...

Dear Marysol, I could say the same! You are so talented!

Related Posts with Thumbnails