Pages

January 20, 2010

Chestnut Pancakes

How I love the citrus season in winter! So many kinds to discover, so many colours, tastes and forms! In one shop they sell a special kind right from Sicily and I can tell you it is a dream! It is only a pity that I forgot its name... Anyway, I bought a bag of chestnut flour somewhen last year and I have many plans with it. I adore roasted chestnuts and therefore I was more than curious about the flour. Besides it comes right from Ticino, from the southernmost canton of Switzlerland, where chestnut trees are typical. Since yesterday I've been craving for oranges, so I thought it would be a nice combination with something baked out of chestnut flour. I decided to prepare pancakes and served among a lavender infused orange syrup.


Ingredients:
100 g chestnut flour
2 eggs
1 tablespoon cane sugar

125 ml milk
2 tablespoon melted butter
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 pinch of salt

clarifed butter for frying


Whisk all ingredients together and let it stand for 30 minutes. Heat a saucepan with clarifed butter and fry the pancakes for 2-3 minutes from both sides.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Those pancakes must taste heavenly! Yummy!

Cheers,

Rosa

Marysol said...

Don't wince, but I had breakfast for dinner last night, and oatmeal pancakes were featured. Although they were served 'come-and-get-it family style.' Not a pretty picture.

I think your lovely, orange topped pancakes, should grace the front cover of a magazine.

Houdini said...

They are small and cute, not American style, and perfectly photographed. You really take care of details, the mint leave.

Related Posts with Thumbnails