Pages

December 15, 2009

The Third!

The third dish I prepared from the 3 Star Chef by Gordon Ramsay: butternut squash velouté with sautéed ceps, parmesan crisps and mushroom and white truffle tortellini.


I chose this simply, because that butternut squash I bought in September was still in my pantry waiting to be cooked. I had many plans with it, but I never realized any of them. Like in the other dish, I couldn't buy all the ingredients: instead the white truffle trimmings I used some truffle paste and the scallops I left out, yeah you guess it, the overfishing problem. It was also a good opportunity to try the vegetable stock, and I must say
I was a bit concerned about the star anise in it, but it wasn't strong at all and it gave a nice touch to the velouté. By the way, these were my first tortellini ever and I guess I still have to practice!


The butternut squash velouté is definietly something, that is going to be on my menu plan in the next pumpkin season!

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

A gorgeous soup! So refined and tasty! I love Ramsay.

Cheers,

Rosa

Houdini said...

I'd be more than happy with such tortellinis, and I always admire your photos, of course.

chriesi said...

@Rosa: Me too! :)

@Houdini: Merci!

Related Posts with Thumbnails