Pages

December 17, 2009

Kalbsleberli mit Rösti

One of the first dishes I had when I moved to Switzerland was sliced veal liver with rösti. Strangely, I haven't ever prepared it myself until some days ago. The recipe is simple and fast and the result is totally delicious. Unless you are not a liver fan...


Ingredients:
500 g veal liver
1 onion
1 sprig thyme
35 g butter
200 ml brown veal stock
30 ml cognac
salt, pepper


Slice the cleaned liver and chop the onion. Sauté onion in butter. Fry sliced liver together with the thyme leaves for a minute and a half on both sides. Set the liver aside. Add cognac and brown veal stock, reduce. Put the liver back to the pan cook for another minute, season
and serve.

5 comments:

Houdini said...

I do love liver and kidney and *?/&"*ç!*, other things many don't like. A coincidence again, you don't believe it, veal kidneys are lying next to my chopping block right now and potatoes are boiled and already cooled down, need to be peeled and grated, to become Roesti tonight, within the next 30 minutes :-)

chriesi said...

Mmm sounds very good! I also love all that stuff you mentioned...or rather not mentioned. *grins* En guete dem fall! :)

Marysol said...

Your dish looks fantastic!
I'll be honest with you, I love liver, but only if it's prepared in a restaurant.
In other words, I've never been able to touch liver, in its raw state; the uncooked texture makes me a little queasy.

However, prepared by someone else's hands, I will devour it, without blinking, and ask for seconds.

chriesi said...

I also had this kind of problem with liver, but mainly with poultry liver, with veal or beef not. Maybe because those are less complicated to work with, at least to me, and therefore I need to touch it less.

kitchen roach/galley roach said...

was wuerde ich jetzt geben fuer die Leber. hmmm!

Related Posts with Thumbnails