Pages

December 27, 2009

Gingerbread House - Daring Bakers

The December 2009 Daring Bakers’ challenge was brought to you by Anna of Very Small Anna and Y of Lemonpi. They chose to challenge Daring Bakers’ everywhere to bake and assemble a gingerbread house from scratch. They chose recipes from Good Housekeeping and from The Great Scandinavian Baking Book as the challenge recipes.


Well, I was totally relieved when I found out what this month's challenge is. Know why? Because I already planned to bake a gingerbread house for the very first time this year, and I was happy to do it together with the Daring Bakers.


I didn't want to make anything fancy or colourful, and not only because decorating with icing is not my cup of tea, but I wanted to stay so to speak "natural". I just wanted a snowy, old cottage in the forest.

14 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Oh, it looks so pretty and dreamlike! What a gorgeous house!

Cheers and best wishes for the New year,

Rosa

Anonymous said...

Gyönyörű, mese szerű a mézeskalács házad! Nagyon kreatív és precíz munka, gratulálok! Gyönyörű szép! Én is az ilyet szeretem jobban, ami kicsit régi stílusú, olyan szivetmelengető ránézni. És szép a fotózás is!!!

Unknown said...

Aw, I love how it looks like it's in the middle of a forest! Very cute.

Maggie said...

Beautiful scene! I really like your trees.

Anonymous said...

ein Haus das anstelle von viel farbigem Zuckerwerk sehr viel Atmosphäre aufweist ! Toll.

Houdini said...

Wow, what a great magical atmosphere. Have you got a photo studio at home, or photo lamps? Or you just do it with spot lights?

En guete Rutsch wünsch ich Dir.
LG Erich

Anonymous said...

Wirklich ganz wunderschön, Robert hat recht.

Raindrop said...

Ööö...

...

...

na ez a nem semmi! :O
Csodálatos az egész, a képek hangulata pedig varázslatos!

Y said...

Wow, well you certainly achieved what you set out to do! I love your house. It looks like something out of a fairy tale.

Anonymous said...

Your little house is beautiful and I love the natural look!
Hopew you had a wonderful Christmas and the your new year brings you much joy!
Ronelle

Manggy said...

I love the dramatic shots! Very well done Chriesi! :)

Puszedli said...

Nagyon boldog új évet! :)

chriesi said...

Thank you all!

@Houdini: I have no photo studio at home, in fact our flat is very dark and I take the photos on our dining table that has one lamp above it and that is all. No spot lights, no nothing. And a cheap camera, a Canon Powershot A590. The light on the last photo comes from a candle burning inside the house. :) That simple it is.

linda said...

Love the natural look of your house. Cute deer too!

Related Posts with Thumbnails