Pages

October 29, 2009

Tomatoes poached in olive oil

Slowly, I am getting on with emptying the freezer, and it feels really good. Yesterday, I got a pack of chicken breast out of it. That ended up as a farce for lamb loin in phyllo among parsnip-fennel puree and coffee sauce. I am totally fond of the heirloom tomato tomatoes I get from the farmers. Luckily, last weekend, there were still some available. Mostly I love the orange and yellow ones, not to forget the fantastic zebra.


I thought some tomatoes would go really well with the lamb and fennel, so I decided to try something new and poached the sliced
beauties in some olive oil.


Ingredients:
tomatoes
olive oil
garlic
thyme
rosemary

salt


Peel and remove the seeds of the tomatoes, then quarter them. Season with salt and together with garlic, thyme and rosemary put them on a baking sheet. Cover with olive oil and leave it in the preheated oven for 2-4 hours on 90°C.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails