Pages

October 31, 2009

Parsnip Soup

Lately, I am totally crazy about parsnip! I have only discovered this beautiful root vegetable some weeks ago. Of course I knew about its existence, but I just ignored it. What a pity it was! Twice it ended up as a puree together with fennel and potato. This time I served it as a soup among a spinch-macadamia nut pesto and poached quail egg.


Ingredients:
400-450 g parsnip
2 small potatoes
600 ml beef stock
salt, pepper

Peel parsnip, potatoes and cut in cubes. Together with the beef stock and salt bring it to boil and cook for 15-20 minutes. Puree, if it is too thick and some more water and season with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That soup looks delicious! What refined flavors!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts with Thumbnails