Pages

October 28, 2009

Grape Sorbet

Oh, how I miss all those Hungarian grapes, most of all the gorgeous Othello! I have never seen any here in Switzerland, so usually I buy the French Lavallée. I simply adore red grape juice and I love any kind of ice cream, sorbet, parfait, you name it! Strangely, I have never made a grape sorbet, although ever since I have the ice cream maker this was the first I wanted to try, but I haven't until now.


Ingredients:
500 g grape, stemmed
3 tablespoon sugar
1 tablespoon Port wine

In a pot add grapes along some water and cook until soft. Remove from the heat and press through a food mill. In this case the result was 300 ml juice. Simply add sugar and Port wein,
the rest will be done by the ice cream maker.

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That sorbet looks so delicious! What a pretty color!

Cheers,

Rosa

Maggie said...

Beautiful looking grapes! I had some from a local farm the other day that looked similar and I didn't know what they were.

Related Posts with Thumbnails