Pages

October 16, 2009

Friantines au chocolat

It has been ages since I ate hazelnut spread! I stopped buying it because if there is a jar in my kitchen it gets empty pretty soon, so in order to save some calories I banned it from my shopping list. Lately, I started to miss it very much, so last week I thought I get a jar, but instead I prepared my own. It was a failure! Why? Because it is worlds better than the store bought one! I love its texture with the ground hazelnut, I think next time I even going to add some extra chunks for the crunch. Anyway, I recieved a pack of phyllo from my neighbour, who bought it by accident and had no idea what to do with it. I found a recipe by Philippe Conticini in Pierre Hermé's book, that calls from hazelnut spread and phyllo, so I thought to give it a go. I am talking about fried chocolate ice cubes. The chocolate ice cube is not the same like the Swedish speciality Ischoklad. Ischoklad is made of 2/3 chocolate and 1/3 coconut oil, and the ice cubes contain only chocolate, milk and hazelnut spread and I tell you those are highly addictive!


Ingredients:
200 g hazelnut
200 g milk chocolate
2 tablespoon sugar

2 tablespoon sunflower oil
1 tablespoon cocoa powder


Roast hazelnut until golden and with a help of a kitchen cloth rub off its skin. Ground together with the sugar oil and cocoa powder. Stir it into the molten chocolate and fill in a jar. It reached the right consistence the next day.


135 g dark chocolate
100 ml milk
50 g hazelnut spread

phyllo
powder sugar

For the chocolate ice cubes bring milk to boil and pour it over the chopped chocolate, mix well until chocolate is molten. Stir in hazelnut spread and fill in ice cube form. Let it freeze for 3 hours. If you manage not to eat them, then pack it in phyllo, sprinkle powder sugar on top and bottom and grill in the oven from both sides, 45 seconds each side. Well the grill function of my often isn't very good, so I grilled it only from the top. Serve immediately.

4 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

That looks lovely!

Cheers and have a great weekend,

Rosa

Jasmin said...

Great job there. That looks wonderful. Especially with the chocolate ice cubes. Gotta give that a try soon. Looks so impressive!

Puszedli said...

Ez a mogyorókrém nagyon durva lehet. Mindenképpen kipróbálom!!

chriesi said...

@Rosa Thanks. :)

@Jasmine Be careful because those cubes are highly addictive. ;)

@Puszedli Szerintem nem bánod meg.

Related Posts with Thumbnails