Pages

October 17, 2009

The Freezer Project - Part 2


Barramundi from Australia/Vietnam




Barramundi from U.S.


Meanwhile I doubt that I am going to be able to empty my freezer in the 2 weeks I gave myself, but who knows. I found a pack of barramundi fillet, I guess I bought it somewhen last year or even earlier, so I have no idea where it came from, but I hope not from Australia or Vietnam. I do not want to write about the overfishing problem again, but frankly I am totally shocked that stores still sell tuna, on the other side they only sell what people buy... Now back to the dish I want to share today. I served the barramundi with curry sauce, mango and my new favourite rice the aromatic Joha.



Ingredients:
1 onion
1 garlic clove
1 piece of fresh ginger
1 apple or half a mango

1 chili (or more if you like it very hot)
1 tablespoon oil

2 tablespoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon tumeric powder
1 star anise
1 teaspoon ground fenugreek seeds
1/2 teaspoon mustard seeds
200 ml coconut milk

500 ml beef stock
salt


Chop onion, apple or mango, grate ginger and garlic. Heat oil and stew the mentioned ingredients for about 2 minutes. Add spices and sliced chilli and fry for another minute. Pour coocnut milk and stock over it and cook for about 10-15 minutes. Sieve and cook for some more minutes if needed, season with salt.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails