Pages

October 12, 2009

Apple-Poppy Bars

Yesterday afternoon I was craving for something sweet. I went to the pantry and my eyes stuck on the basket of apples, so I picked some and took them to the kitchen among a bag of poppy and a jar of honey...


Ingredients:
300 g apples
200 g honey

100 g poppy, ground
100 g hazelnut, ground
4 eggs
50 g flour
1 lemon
8 g vanilla sugar

Whisk egg yolks with honey until fluffy. Grate apple and sprinkle lemon juice over it. Stir
poppy, hazelnut, 3/4 of the grated apple and lemon zest to the honey-egg mixture. Beat egg white with vanilla sugar, stir it to the rest among the flour. Butter a form, pour batter into it, spread the rest of the apple on top and bake for 20-25 minutes on 180°C.

3 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

What lovely bars! Surely mighty delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Xiaolu said...

These sound wonderful! Definitely bookmarked to use those poppyseeds and hazelnuts I have stashed in the freezer.

Manggy said...

You just put this recipe together?! I'm impressed, they look delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails