Pages

March 6, 2009

Alsatian Tarte flambée

This is probably the most famous gastronomical specialty of the Alsace. Traditionally it is made out of leftover bread dough, rolled out in a rectangle, covered by crème fraîche, onions and bacon. Being an onion addict, I decided to use my last Roscoff onion for a tarte flambée.


Ingredients:
200 g flour
2 tablespoon oil
125 ml water
salt
200 g crème fraîche
100 g bacon
200 g onion


Knead a dough and roll out thin. Smear crème fraîche on it , top with sliced bacon and onion. Bake on the highest degree on a stone in your oven.

4 comments:

Angelica said...

Ooh, I love Flammkuchen! Thanks for reminding me, haven't had one for months!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

I love that tart! Yours looks scrumptious!

Cheers,

Rosa

lamiacucina said...

Danke für die Erinnerung, für einen guten Flammkuchen lasse ich sogar eine Pizza stehen.

Medena (-Melitta-) said...

That bacon is driving me crazy, looks so good, I can't find a bacon like that!
Tart looks delicious!

Related Posts with Thumbnails