Pages

December 17, 2008

Vanilla Stars

Actually I agreed with my mom that this year we will not bake many cookies, like we did last year, because then, after giving one bag of cookies after the other away we still had more than enough. It seems like that this year it is going to be quite like it was last year if not "worse". However I do not mind, after all only once in a year is Christmas! I simply can not resist when I read through my cookbooks, and always think: this is going to be the last one. Well, not quite but let's see those stars! To part of the dough I have added some chilli and sprinkled with black salt.


Ingredients:
200 g flour
1 pinch of baking soda
60 g sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 pinch of salt
1 egg
100 g butter
1 egg yolk

1 tablespoon condensed milk


Mix together flour and baking soda, add sugar, vanilla extract, salt, egg and butter. Knead a dough, roll out and cut in pieces with a cookie cutter. Mix egg yolk with condensded milk and smear over the cookies, sprinkle with sugar and bake for 8 minutes on 180°C.

2 comments:

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious!

Cheers,

Rosa

Marysol said...

Holy cow, toss some that energy my way, will you?
I've been busy baking too, but I'm currently running on empty.

Anyway, the cookies look and sound delicious, and I can just imagine the look on the face of the recipient.

Related Posts with Thumbnails