Pages

December 11, 2008

The cinnamon attack

These cinnamon bars are real cinnamon bombs! I wanted to bake them already since years, but somehow I never did. Actually I do not even know why. Anyway today it was the day, for that these bars were waiting for, or was that rather me?! The only bad thing about them is, that the bars have to spend ten days, yeah ten long days in an airtight box, but after they are ready to be eaten!


Ingredients:
3 eggs
200 g sugar
3 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pinch of clove
65 g candied lemon peel
100 g grated almond

250 g flour
2 teaspoon baking soda
sliced almond


Beat 2 eggs with sugar until fluffy. Stir in cinnamon, clove, candied lemon peel and almond. With a help of a mixer stir in flour and baking soda.


Roll out and slice in bars, smear with egg and sprinkle almond on it. Bake for 12-15 minutes on 180°C.

6 comments:

Marysol said...

Chriesi, I can almost taste all the delicious ingredients pictured.
But, in all honesty, I don't think I could be trusted alone in the house with these cinnamon bars for one day, let alone ten.
How did you cope? Did you lock yourself out of your house on purpose? [G]

chriesi said...

Well I baked them today, so I shall see how I am going to manage not to eat them all. :))

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

They look fantastic! I'm a real cinnamon addict!

Cheers,

Rosa

Manggy said...

Oh, those are lovely-- perfect way to use good cinnamon (I've taken to grinding the sticks myself! Much headier flavor!)

Anonymous said...

vielleicht sind sie auch in 9 Tagen schon geniessbar, oder in 8, vielleicht 7....? ich würde täglich probieren.

brii said...

hahah...ok..that makes them perfect for christmas!
must try!!
baciuss

Related Posts with Thumbnails