Pages

December 30, 2008

5th Course: Filet Rossini

This course took me a lot of research: so many different informations and so difficult to decide. In my book about Italian Cuisine there is a recipe that calls for cheese and bacon. I was a bit shocked about that because if Rossini, then foie gras, truffel and madeira may not be missing! So I decided to go with the flow and just did it. For the toast under the filet I decided to bake my own bread, and luckily I have found a fantastic recipe on the Kochtopf. I did not manage to form the bread very well, but the taste after frying in butter is absolutely amazing!



Ingredients:
4x100 g beef filet
4 slices of toast bread

4 slices of foie gras
2 twigs thyme
black truffle

50 g bacon
1 shallot
2 tablespoon olive oil
150 ml madeira

2 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
300 ml veal stock
2 tablespoon grated parmesan
salt, pepper


Season meat with salt and pepper. Heat oil, and fry meat from both sides, set aside to the oven on 100°C for 10 minutes (depeds how you like it and how your oven works) add bacon, shallot and stew. Add veal stock, balsamic vinegar, madeira and cook for 10-13 minutes. Stir in parmesan, season with salt, pepper and truffle. Heat butter and fry toast from both sides.


In another saucepan heat butter add thyme and fry foie gr
as for 1 minute on both sides, season with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

SteamyKitchen said...

mmm...yum! now that's decadent!

Related Posts with Thumbnails