Pages

September 23, 2008

Spinach Ravioli

Spinach and ricotta filled ravioli is almost a classical, however I am not a spinach fan at all. That is why I wanted to prepare this pasta dish in in my way. I decided to make spinach pasta and simply fill it with ricotta.


I served it on basil-tomato foam and some pecorino. Well this lunch is definetly a dish that I am going to prepare often, it was very tasty and all harmonised great together.



Ingredients:
300 g flour (Italian Tipo 00)
3 eggs
50 g spinach
300 g ricotta
2 teaspoon lemon jucie

salt, pepper
1 shallot

olive oil
1 medium tomato
5-7 basil leaves
150 ml white wine

150 ml chicken stock
1 egg yolk


Make a hole in the middle of the flour, add eggs and cooked spinach and whisk all in with a help of a fork. When the dough is getting viscous knead it with your hands until smooth. Set it aside to the fridge for an hour. Mix ricotta with salt, pepper and lemon juice.

With a help of a pasta machine roll out pasta dough and place a teaspoon of ricotta filling on it and make ravioli with a help of a form or anything you've got. Heat olive oil, add chopped shallot, basil
leaves. Pour white wine on it and let it reduce, add tomato juice and stock and let it reduce about half. Sieve liquid and above steam whisk the liquid with the egg yolk and beat it for about 15 minutes until it gets nice and foamy. Cook ravioli in salty water and serve with the foam and some pecorino chunks.

4 comments:

Finla said...

Wow you made home made ravioli.
It looks so delicious

Tablebread said...

Ok I'm a fan :) I must know where you got your ravioli cutter from. The one I have is a stamper version (which it looks like yours is too) and it just does a star shape. I like the smooth edges of yours.

Pasta bello!

Lore said...

They must have been so creamy! Oh and spinach pasta is the way to go :D

Houdini said...

I just saw that your ravioli are also dome shaped, hence I should no be too dissatisfied with mine. However, in my perception ravioli should be pillow shaped and I prefer those. Zorra's mould looks ideal for that purpose.

Related Posts with Thumbnails