Pages

September 25, 2008

Quark Dumplings

While checking out my deepfreezer I discovered a package of frozen blackberries and some packages of quark that I brought from Hungary. I decied to prepare quark dumplings with blackberry sauce. The recipe is sort of a mix of the túrógombóc and the plum dumplings. I have never made this dish before, but I think this dumpling has the best consistence of all, even on the next day!


Ingredients:
250 g potato
250 g flour
250 g quark
pinch of salt
1 egg
handful of blackberries

100 ml red wine
2-3 tablespoons elderberry syrup
chilli (optional)


Cook potato, peel and grate. Add flour, salt, egg and quark and knead a dough. Form dumplings and put one blackberry in each. For the sauce bring blackberries, red wine and syrup to cook, let it reduce and puree.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails