Pages

September 8, 2008

My mom's apple bars

Last week I did not have a single minute to cook, altough I spent more than 40 hours in the kitchen, but not in my own! I had the opportunity to be in a restaurant kitchen and I really enjoyed it! Unfortunatly I had no chance to take photos, because I have been busy working there. I am a lot inspired by those beautiful dishes that had been prepared there! Once for dessert there were plum bars that made me remember of my mom's apple bars, altough they are not quite the same. Anyway I always loved these bars that she used to prepare when I was a child. Of course I wanted to have her recipe so I asked for it yesterday and baked immediately.


Ingredients:
300 g flour
150 g butter
2 tablespoon sour cream
1 tablespoon powder sugar
1 pinch of salt
250 g grated walnut

1000 g apple
100 g sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Knead a dough out of flour, butter, sour cream, powder sugar and salt.
Half dough, roll out and place it into a buttered form.
Coarsly great apple and set aside. Sprinkle grated walnut and half of the sugar-cinnamon mixture on the dough. Squeeze out apple and add on top of the walnut, sprinkle with the rest
of the sugar-cinnamon mixture and cover with the other piece of rolled out dough. Make holes with a help of a fork. Bake for 20-25 minutes on 180°C.

1 comment:

Millie said...

A szilvásgombóc után ez a 2. kedvencem!!! Nagyon örülök, hogy jól ment a hét, nagyon kiváncsi vayok mindenre!

Related Posts with Thumbnails