Pages

September 9, 2008

Art You Eat #5 & Red Mullet

Surprise after surprise! The first: I am the winner of the Art You Eat #4 event, so that means that I had to choose the theme for the next one. Here it is: create an Autumn inspired dish using seasonal ingredients and/or colors. More details you find here. The second surprise: yesterday afternoon a small basket was waiting for me in front of my door full of wonderful fruits!


I decided to use the tomatoes in today's lunch, I just had no clear idea about it. I remembered that I have heared somewhere that red mullet and tomatoes are a great match. I decided to prepare a lukewarm red lentil-tomato salad with the fish. I thought a dijon
mustard foam would go pretty well with it. So that is how this improvised lunch was born today.


Ingredients:
4 red mullet fillets

salt, pepper
300 g red lentil
vegetable stock

2 carrots
2 tomatoes
4 tablespoon grapeseed oil

3 tablespoon sherry vinegar
salt, pepper

basil leaves
1 shallot
2 tablespoon butter
200 ml fish stock
100 ml white wine

100 ml heavy cream
3 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoon butter

juice of 1 lemon

Cook lentil in stock for about 25-30 minutes together with chopped carrot. Peel tomatoes and slice in cubes. Mix grapeseed oil, sherry vinegar, salt, pepper and tomato cubes with the cooked lentil and set aside. Heat a small saucepan, add 1 tablespoon butter, chopped shallot, fish stock, heavy cream, white wine and reduce. Add mustard and 1 more tabelspoon butter and lemon juice. With a help of a mixer whisk so that it gets foamy. Fry mullet in olive oil and serve on top of the lukewarm salad. Garnish with basil leaves.


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails