Pages

June 8, 2008

Pork in package

Somewhat I am addicted to mushroom. I buy them every time I go shopping. I love oyster mushroom, but still my favourite is porcini. I always have a bunch of dried mushrooms in my pantry. Such as wood ear mushroom, shiitake, morels and of course porcini. For the lunch today I used brown champignon and oyster mushroom, both fresh. One could say that this foodie is not only addicted to mushroom but as well as to pork tenderloin. Well kind of...because it is a nice piece of meat, tender and I am not so much a beef fan, altough I would not mind to eat bison every week, but for this I need a bigger wallet...


Ingredients:
1 pork tenderloin
salt, pepper, paprika powder
butter
125 g brown champignon
125 g oyster mushroom
1 shallot

olive oil
fresh parsley
white asparagus
white wine


Slice pork about 1.5-2 cm thick, season with salt, pepper and paprika powder. Chop mushroom and fry in butter together with a shallot. When ready stir in salt, pepper and chopped parsley. Fry pork on both sides in some butter. Put one on a piece of baking paper and top with the mushroom mix. Form a package and bake for 15 minutes on 200°C.
Peel asparagus, slice thin and fry in a little olive oil, salt pepper and add some white wine and let it absorb.

1 comment:

Chibog in Chief said...

i love the sound of this! pork in package with lots of different kinds of mushrooms!! yummy

Related Posts with Thumbnails