Pages

June 12, 2008

Lasagne al Forno

The time has come to prepare my first ever lasagna with home made pasta. As I do not own a pasta machine I was a bit worried if I will be able to roll out the dough thin enough. It was easier than I thought! Of course you can not compare to a machine but I was pleased with the result. Actually the reason for today's lunch was my recreated Bolognese sauce. This time I used beef, but I must confess I like it much much more with minced turkey breast. I am eager to experiment with other type of pasta. So now let's roll out that dough!


Ingredients:
250 g flour (Italian Tipo 00)
250 g semolina
3 eggs
8 egg yolks


Whisk flour and semolina together. Make a hole in the middle and slowly add whisked eggs and with a help of a fork mix it together. When the dough is getting viscous knead it with your hands until it is smooth. Put it to the fridge for an hour. Roll out and cut out your lasagna leaves. After prepare Béchamel sauce: melt 3 tablespoons butter add 3 tablespoon flour and cook until it turns golden brown. Add about 3 cups hot milk and cook for 10 minutes. For the bolognese recepie click here.

Add some béchamel sauce on the bottom of a heat proof form, add lasagne and some from the bolognese ragù, some grated mozzarella and parmesan. Do this until you have no more left of the ragù. Add some béchamel on top and some cheese. Bake for 25-30 minutes on 200°C.

This is my entry for the Presto Pasta Nights, hosted by Kevin from Closet Cooking and created by Ruth from Once Upon A Feast.

6 comments:

ambrosia ananas said...

That looks great. I bet it would be good with turkey. I'll have to give it a try.

test it comm said...

Your lasagna looks good. Great job making your own lasagne pasta without a pasta maker!! I have been holding off trying to make pasta without a pasta machine as I have been worried that I will not be able to get it thin enough. I will have to try it. Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights!

enza said...

You was so great.
your roll pasta is perfect.
maybe with a pasta maker the layer could be thinner but in the original recipe it's handmade and a little be rough.
I don't like turkey and the bolognese sauce is with beef meat so you followed the right recipe.
I have only an objection there is a simple rule in making egg pasta and it is: 100 gr flour(the best is all semolina so called farina di semola di grano duro)and 1 large egg (yolk and white) and a little bit of olive oil if too dry.
so: my compliment
I love the web...learning more, meeting all over the world people is so exciting

Millie said...

Nagyon ígéretesnek látszik!

Elizabeth said...

Yum, this looks great!

Ruth Daniels said...

I am very impressed...lasagna noodles without a pasta machine! Bravo! Thanks for sharing with Presto Pasta Nights. Hope you send more dishes our way.

Related Posts with Thumbnails