Pages

June 7, 2008

It is raining berries!

Today's rainy afternoon walk was very fructiferous. I collected a big handful of wild strawberries. Many tiny, red smiles under the beautiful green leaves.


That was the reason why I baked this chocolate tart today. The basic recepie is by Jamie Oliver. I only made a few changes such as added chilli, used heavy cream instead of Crème double. In contrast I served a ball of elderflower sorbet and of course those yummy strawberries.



Ingredients:

For the pastry:
108 g butter
75 g sugar
1 pinch of salt
188 g flour

1 egg
21 g cocoa powder

For the filling:
66 g whole milk

188 g heavy cream
33 g sugar

1 chilli
116 g dark chocolate
1 egg


Butter tart forms. Whisk butter, sugar and salt until frothy. Stir in flour, egg, cocoa powder and knead a dough. Put it in the fridge for an hour. Roll out dough and place it in the forms. Place them into the freezer for half an hour. Preheat oven to 180°C and bake forms for 5-6 minutes. Prepare filling: Bring milk, heavy cream, sugar and chilli to boil while stirring. After take it from the heat and add chocolate. Stir until chocolate is molten and whisk in the egg.
Add filling on top of the tart and let them bake for another 5 minutes or until it is flabby. For the elderflower sorbet I simply cooked a syrup and let the freezer do the rest.

7 comments:

Lore said...

My brain is yelling "CHOCOLATE" ever since I laid eyes on this delish tart! Love those cute little berries too.

chriesi said...

I still have some left. Open your window! They are on the way. Hehe :)

test it comm said...

That tart looks really good. I picked up some of the first of the local strawberries at the farmers market this weekend and I am looking forward to using them.

Millie said...

Fantasztikusan néznek ki!!!! Gratulálok!

Chibog in Chief said...

oh im jealous!!!

Deeba PAB said...

STUNNING, DELICIOUS...& my windows open too for the next batch!!!

Megan, Freelance Baking said...

I love the pictures of the wild strawberries in this post! I wrote about it on my bog, www.freelancebaking.blogspot.com. You should check it out. I'll keep reading!

Related Posts with Thumbnails