Pages

June 29, 2008

Daring Bakers: Danish Braid

I am thrilled about this month's challenge. What an aromatic dough! I just loved the freshness of the orange zest and the cardamom. Mmm... I was not sure about the apple filling because I am not a big fan of fruit fillings but I decided to prepare it. It was very good and harmonized great with the rest. I enjoyed laminating the dough a lot more than when I did the croissants. It was easier to roll it out and the texture of the dough was lighter despite the big amount of the butter. I think it tastes best lukewarm with a cold cup of milk.





Thanks for this great challenge to Kelly from Sass & Veracity and Ben from What’s Cookin’?. Check out the fellow Daring Bakers here. This month's double DB is also completed, a yummy chocolate cake without flour, that I am going to post later.


21 comments:

Rachel@fairycakeheaven said...

Oh the dough is just divine isn't it, your braids look wondeful!!!

Robyn said...

Looks great!

CookiePie said...

Beautiful - congrats!!

Lorrie said...

Your braid looks so good, I wish I would have tried out the apple filling. great job!

Susie Homemaker said...

I love all of your pictures - the danish looks so good! Great job!

The Little Kahuna said...

Impressive!

test it comm said...

Nice looking braid!

Angela said...

Gorgeous braid! Well done!

Angela @ A Spoonful of Sugar

Shari said...

I didn't make the apple filling, but it looks delicious!
Shari@Whisk: a food blog

Anonymous said...

Great work!

I'll have to try the apple filling the next time around...

Lot-O-Choc said...

The apple filling was delicious wasnt it.
Your braids look brilliant :).

Lore said...

Yay, you're back from your trip! Did you have a good time?
Looks gorgeous! It's obvious you put a lot of soul into it, otherwise it could've come out so good.
Can't wait to read about the flourless chocolate cake :)

Marye said...

Next time...I am doing the apple filling...right after the chocolate..right after the almond cream...right after... ;)
great job!
blessings,
Marye
http://bakingdelights.com

Jen Yu said...

Your filling looks so moist and yummy in the pastry! Very nice job on your challenge!

Unknown said...

Ha...at first I thought you said lukewarm MILK! Your braid looks great!

Melita said...

Your braids look gtreat! I bet you will make them aain! I loved the taste!

Lunch Buckets said...

Nice job! I just pinched and ate a bit of leftover dough. I know, but it was good!

SZINTIA said...

Zseniális! Gyönyörű szép ez a kenyér!
Legszívesebben beleharapnék!:)
Nagyon ügyes vagy Chriesi!:)

zorra said...

Well done! I would like have a piece or two right now.

Millie said...

Wow! I wish i could have a piece!
Wonderful!

Gabi said...

Beautiful braid Chriesi!

Related Posts with Thumbnails