Pages

April 9, 2008

"Blogging for Babies" - Polenta with Feta and Baby Eggplants

Holly from Phemomenon contacted me about her blog event, Blogging for Babies to support the March of Dimes walk this April. I would like to submit this plate of a small starter for her event. I am not a mother, nor I have siblings. However I will never forget the very first moment when I holded a little wonder in my arms. It was the smallest brother of a friend of mine, who has three other brothers. It is so nice to have a big family. As I am an only child I miss that very much and hope to have a baby or even more someday. It is sure would have been sweeter to bake something, however when I saw those cute baby eggplants, immediately I remembered the event, and I decided to use them for my entry. First I wanted to stuff the baby eggplants, however I was not sure if I manage to do because they were so small.

I love the combination of polenta and kefir. I feelt that the dish needs something hot, so that is why I added some dried chili to the baby eggplants. So that is how this dish was born! I was truly surprised how well eggplant match black sesame seeds!


Ingredients:
400 ml water
1/2 tablespoon butter
3/4 teaspoon salt (I left it out because of the Feta cheese, as that is salty enough.)
100 g polenta
feta

200 g baby eggplant
1 tablespoon black sesame
dried chili
oil
kefir

Boil water, add butter. Stir in polenta and on very low heat stir for 3 minutes. Let it cool and then cut in small rectangles. Add sliced feta and cover with another polenta rectangle. Preheat oven to 100°C and leave the small polenta towers in there so that they are warm when serving. Slice baby eggplants. Heat oil, add baby eggplant, when fried add sesame and chili. Serve with kefir.

1 comment:

PheMom said...

Those look so good and those baby eggplants are darling! Thanks so much for entering the event!

Related Posts with Thumbnails